Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I'll Just Leave That Right Here...

Sooooo... I'm going to start with the things I know.

I'm Nikki.

I'm married to an awesome guy.

We weren't exactly trying to have a baby.

We weren't exactly trying to have TRIPLETS.

But we are.
Yup, your eyes don't deceive you. That's baby A, B and C happily floating inside me. Just taking up residence in there like "Hey no big deal, just redecorating!" AND that's also "A MESS OF BABIES" typed right on the ultrasound, because that's what I poetically exclaimed during the 3D ultrasound. But I'll stop showing you how weird I am rambling and tell you what has unfolded in life for us in the past 5 weeks.

So by trade I'm not just fertile myrtle, I'm a teacher which means I have my summers free, WHICH MEANS I went and worked 2 weeks of summer camp.  My husband of course has a job that doesn't let you skip for summer fun, so off I went to MO for camp.

Long story short I had some definite awful things  symptoms going on, got a pregnancy test and the moment I peed on that thing the little blue cross lit up like a Christmas tree (and all subsequent tests, it's like a law you can't take just one). I of course freaked out stayed calm, waited until I got home from camp and surprised my husband with the news.  He was excited and happy and supportive and calmed all my fears and yah he rocks.

SO THEN fast forward through another week of camp in Wyoming (puking the whole time) and then my first appointment...

Thank goodness my husband was able to be there.  The doctor came in, started the exam, so much normalcy...until she said the words, "Just what I thought... TWINS! Your levels were so high I expected multiples, you weren't on fertility drugs and this was spontaneous, right?" Just as I was about to answer her 'yes', she said those fateful words..

Wait, there's more

That's when she discovered our third. We went from one child, to two, to three in about 5 seconds.
Thinking back, it still gives my heart that nervous, sick, through the floor feeling.  My bonus father in law once told us that there are few true surprises in life, and we truly experienced one.

Those moments were surreal and precious and scary and beautiful and jaw dropping and again I'll stop rambling.

I don't think we've even quite understood yet this amazing journey we have been thrown topsy-turvy into, but I do know that the Lord is good and works all things to the good of those who love Him, that these triplets and I couldn't have a better man in our lives to love us, and it is seriously going to take a village (like the entire thing). But I like our village, and I'm pretty sure our village likes us.

We had another ultrasound that day with the 3D people, who were total sweethearts, and we saw all of their little hearts pumping, and spines developing and what a wow moment. We found out two were probably going to be identical. And the reality moments of how are we going to do this financially, physically, mentally.  But beyond that worry we have a Hope and we have each other and now we have three little wiggly beings that should be here sometime around March 2016.

Welcome to our journey, I have a feeling it's going to be a wild ride!






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My phone is being crazy and I keep posting the same comment and it keeps coming up blank and with my wrong name so I'll just reply on FB lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My phone is being crazy and I keep posting the same comment and it keeps coming up blank and with my wrong name so I'll just reply on FB lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Nikki! I will enjoy following your journey here cause I love the way you write. And yes, your "village" likes y'all - a lot! I am looking forward to being part of the village that helps takes care of these precious new lives that God has blessed you and Travis, and all of us, with.

    ReplyDelete