Friday, January 8, 2016

A Week and a Day

Well people it's been a whirl wind of a week. Let me update you!
All ultrasounds on everyone came back normal!
We will get to hold all of them by tonight! Yay!!!!

Maggie:

-She is still on a nasal cannula but they are decreasing the flow.
-They keep upping her feeds and I even got to breastfeed her this morning!!! As I type this I am going for the second hour of kangaroo care with her. Feeling her little movements and breaths and smelling her and...ALL THE FEELS!
-she was in a cute little outfit/ which means she is well enough to wear clothes! Big deal!! 

Hank:
-He is off the nasal cannula completely! 
GO little man!
-They are taking out the umbilical cord line for him today which ran something like baby Gatorade (T's lingo) into him, and are holding off on inserting a picc line (IV type thang).
-They are also upping his feeds and fortifying his breast milk today!
Hank with one less cord! Pray he does well with it off!


Sawyer:
-Antibiotics have done that dude a world of good. No more episodes of not breathing.
- His picc line is acting right so far.
- he is still pooping and growing
Sawyer conked out!

We are so SO thankful for your prayers and support. The power of prayer has been so evident in all of these circumstances and we are just so thankful to God in all of this.

 Last night was the first night I spent at home. I thought I would be calling every two hours while I was pumping making sure my babies were ok...I fell asleep in about 2.5 seconds and barely woke up to breastfeed one time. And that one time I couldn't find my babies pass codes to give to the hospital to even call....but you know what, I felt peace and not panic. So thankful for a great NICU and an amazing staff of doctors and nurses. The care we have gotten is insanely awesome.

That's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment